Thursday, August 27, 2009

Broken Collarbone.

So i play competitive softball, my team is called the California Breeze. We travel a lot to different states and go to nationals every year. This year nationals was in South Dakota, and it was quite the experience. Well it was a friday, July 31st, and we were playing against a team out of Georgia during the afternoon. The game was tied zero to zero. I was playing second base and there was a runner on first. The ball was hit to me, so the runner on first was running to second. As i went to field the ball the runner ran into me and i did a 180 and fell on my shoulder. I was out there on the field for 25 minutes, and then they decided that they needed to take me to the Emergency Room. So they took X-Rays and told me that i had broken my collarbone straight through. I was really sad, because i couldnt play the rest of the tournament, but then my teamates called telling me that they had won the game. All thanks to Lauren Orozco who hit in the winning run =). But it ends up that i have to wear this brace for 2 more weeks. so excited, and a great way to start off my senior year...not.

3 comments:

Jimmy said...

TWO MORE WEEKS! Then you'll have your left arm back. It's a refreshing feeling after you've had little to no use for it for the past few weeks/months that it's been broken.

victoria said...

OUCH!

RHS Flash said...

Remember, it makes a good story. But, painful one I suspect. Glad you are healing up. cn