Thursday, August 27, 2009

A Right of Passage

Last night was the Junior Class Ring Ceremony. I loved it! I am so happy to have finally gotten my ring...it had been so long that I forgot what it looked like. It was such a special ceremony, with great speeches by Mr. Thompson and Mrs. Huber. Unfortunately, only about 50 Juniors showed up to the ring ceremony. I was really surprised because I expected more people to be there, since this was our passage into becoming upperclassmen. Despite this, I enjoyed the ring ceremony. After talking about link when we were freshmen and what high school is about, I realized how far I have come since I was a freshman. I really agree with Mr. Thompson about how getting your class ring is a "right of passage" for your junior year....I just can't believe that I have a meeting for caps and gowns this year!!

2 comments:

victoria said...

I remember that last year :)

RHS Flash said...

It's a baby step, but a nice one. I'm glad you enjoyed it and made it something positive. cn