Friday, July 31, 2009

Southern California

On the road again. Yes, that is correct. Another trip has thrown itself my way. My dad had a tradeshow in Longbeach this weekend so I decided I would go with him. We drove down the coast to get there and made many stops along the way. This is my third trip within a one year period to the L.A. area, and many times before in my life but I had never journeyed down the coast. It's such a beautiful way to get to the city! Along the way we stopped at 6 colleges...CSU Monterey Bay, Cal Poly San Luis Obispo, UC Santa Barbara, CSU Channel Islands, Pepperdine, and CSU Long Beach. The only one that I took an official tour on was UC Santa Barbara, the others I just looked around and got a feel for and went to the book stores. Out of the six my favorite was probably UC Santa Barbara. My plan is to major in a science and minor in journalism...sadly that is not an option at Santa Barbara; however there is a newspaper. One of my favorite stops of the trip was at Hearst Castle. Yes, the home of William Hearst the one you learn about in Newsies. It was very inspirational to see. Although it wasn't a scheduled stop and I didn't have time to tour the castle itself, I did look through the museum and it was very inspiring! Journalism field trip perhaps? haha Two nights, three days later and I'm in Burbank at my uncle's house. I'm going to Venice beach tomorrow. I'm excited! :) It's such a great place to observe and people watch. Well I should probably go to sleep soon it's been such a busy couple of days, and more to come. Bring it on!

6 comments:

Emily said...

What science do you want to major in?

victoria said...

not positive yet. I have it narrowed down to nutrition and animal sciences...so if I went to UC probably Biology or Zoology

Emily said...

Zoology sounds like fun! I want to major in biology. Did you take AP bio?

RHS Flash said...

Hearts Castle is fascinating... and so is his story. I'd suggest any number for good books on Hearst and his empire. And next time, take the tour! cn

victoria said...

I am taking AP Bio this year :) and I think we should take a hearst castle editors field trip lol

victoria said...
This comment has been removed by the author.