Saturday, August 15, 2009

Au Revoir summer :(


It is the last Saturday of Summer 2009, and as I type this, I have two girls from France sitting in my room. Anna is sitting on my bed trying to read the third Twilight book in English. Megane is sitting in my chair reading from her translation book, "These are my children," and "Do what you are payed to do." I don't know why she chose those phrases to practice, but she's learning something right? They also enjoy looking through the yearbook and calling dibs on the cute boys... and don't worry. We leave time to practice our French and English too.

I am going to say it right now. This has definatly been the best summer of my life and I owe it all to them. We get along so well, and everyday we do something fun. I never knew there were so many fun things to do around Rocklin, but I think it is because they just make it that way. However, the time we have together is just too short. They leave for France on Tuesday.

Do you know what that means?

The last day we have to spend together, I will be in school... blech...:(

And we have asked many times, "Can we bring our foreign exchange students to school?" because there is a whole group of French foreign exchange students whose host families go to Rocklin High. So what are they all going to do while we are at school? It is their last day! They love it here and they can't even spend it with us. I doubt it would happen, and of course the school has their reasons which I can't argue with, but wouldn't it be the perfect experience to show the French students what an American high school is like?

We spent our last Saturday together in Tahoe. We went for a hike, then ate Sunnyside Burgers and Hula Pies, and dove into the lake. Ces't tres froid! At the bottom of the lake (in the shallow end), we spelt out "Salut Tahoe" with rocks. I hope the waves don't wash it away...

We still have some time to spend with each other before they must leave. THey invited me to come visit them in France next year, so I will be able to see them again. We will be friends forever:)
Au revoir summer 2009...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

salut
i love america!please take me in your school!lol ! je plaisante !
vous avez les meilleurs hamburgers du mondes ! tranlation: you have a best hamburger of the world !
bon a part ca...what else ?
many things is wonderfull here: like wake boarding, sunplash, six flag, gros delire en serie, ect...
think you so much for this vacation!
bye
a bientot

Megane said...

Hi!
Good feature!
Those phrases are in the dictionnary.. so i don't know why i say that.. Just to learn english!
I'd like very very come with you at the first day of school.. PLEASE!
So, I like coconut lime verbena, and chocolate cake, and your hamburgers too! And.. Mexican food!
Oh.. And Ice Cream! So, I love United States, people are very nice.. the almost!
I hope to see you the next summer! I realy want to!
I'm going to sleep.. Good night and sweet dreams! ;)