Sunday, August 16, 2009

Why I like Arden

I went down to Sacramento yesterday to visit Arden Fair for the first time in a very long while. I thought there would not be too much there and I would just end up going back to the galleria, but I was completely wrong. Arden has some very redeeming qualities.

First of all, the galleria is huge. There is nothing wrong with having a big selection, but it can get overwhelming. It is hard to navigate and there are some stores that many people in the Rocklin, Roseville, Loomis, etc. would never need to go into. High end gardening anyone? Arden is very small and practical. It has the same popular stores that the galleria has. I feel sure that I will not get lost.

With it being so huge, the galleria also attracts many people. Too many people. You would think that with so many stores people would be evenly sprinkled around the mall, but they are not. They are in crowds. There are still a lot of people at Arden, enough to have to wait in line to buy something, but not enough to where you will get hit by a stroller or tote in the passing.

There are no kiosks at Arden, which means that no one is shooting fragrance in my face as I walk by. Arden also has a cool merry-go-round that makes noise and has lots of sky lights to make the mall light up.

So, overall, I prefer Arden because it is more my style. The only downside is that the food court is all junk. But, I can eat when I get home.

2 comments:

AliciaLaryn said...

true true. But there's always cold stone for food... raspberry sorbet with brownies and oreos in it :) and the japanese place has great miso.

Karin said...

i haven't been to arden in forever! it would be interesting to go there... i'm sure it would remind me of when I was a little kid :)