Monday, August 24, 2009

The Wedding :)

So on Friday I left right after I got done with my three classes to go home and get ready for my friend Miranda-Lynn's end of summer wedding. My first observation of this whole situation is how it feels to have one of your friends getting married...yes she is twenty-one not seventeen like me, but still I have been friends with her for years. To my knowledge none of my friends are planning on getting married right out of high school, but still isn't it strange (for lack of a better word) that my friends and even myself legally could get married in a mere matter of months?! Now no worries as far as I'm concerned, I just wanted to take the time to point out the fact that legally people can become married at what I view as a very young age. The wedding took place in Grass Valley at the historic Empire State Mine/Park. The setting was BEAUTIFUL! The entire ceremony felt like it was a scene from a fairy tale movie. The two met at my church, Sunset Christian Center. As a commitment they made to purity, the two shared their first kiss in front of everyone at the ceremony (although the bride was extremely sly and covered their faces with a wooden fan). The ceremony was followed by the reception at the church. It was a nearly perfect wedding, every girl's dream.

1 comment:

Paige said...

i know what you mean with the young age thing. two of my cousins got married at 18. it was a weirrd experience.