Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Kids...

After random observation of my neighborhood and other areas, I have come to the conclusion that children sadly don't play outside much anymore. It's kinda nuts, thinking back to summers of running around barefoot and exploring parks, ponds, and little orchards. I understand that phones, computers, and television have in a way squelched the will to explore, but it's disheartening to think that these kids will grow up and wish they had a full childhood. All hope has not been lost however, as I have seen some children who still have it in them to go out and pick up a jump rope to learn something new. There are kids and adults at my karate who have still have it them to want to move and do, so the suggestion merely needs to be made to them to go out and do something. It would be ridiculous to end up with no one at all who wanted to be out in the open air.

1 comment:

RHS Flash said...

Agreed... they need more play in general