Friday, April 6, 2012

Can't Have It All

I have senioritus. Although I am only a wee Junior, I have already been afflicted with the aging curse mentioned in the last sentence. I realized this today, as I concurrently realized that I had not done any of my homework over the break. That is a heartbreaking feeling, I kid you not.

I have also not:
1) Excercised
2) Studied for my many upcoming tests
3) Practiced my (supposed-to-be) state speech
4) Other

What has happened to my usual spark and drive? Has it disappeared along with my lack of sleep and my lack of nutrition? Over break, I have actually slept with normal hours. I have also ate three relatively normal meals and snacks, instead of just fasting all day and then gorging during dinner. How healthful...how academically non-successful....I also hung out with friends and did not talk excessively about academics. I ALSO JAYWALKED! Ooooh, dangerous.

What I gained in health and happiness will be lost in my academics.

I guess you can't have it all.

1 comment:

RHS Flash said...

Oh, but you can.. perhaps at a slightly slower pace and by managing time wisely. What's important now? I mean right now?