Saturday, May 2, 2009

Oops

Yeah, I just realized that I forgot to post my blog yesterday, and I don't really know what to write about. I will say that there is definitely such a thing as being tested out. A week of CST and then an SAT2(which, btw,I learned will no longer be required for admission into UC's as of 2012, so it seems really pointless to be taking them) and then AP's starting next week...fun. On the other hand, once I get those out of the way, then Junior year is basically over. Sure, I have a few projects left to do, but those aren't exactly labor intensive.
And it's weird, because with the realization that Junior year is really nearing it's end, it is beginning to dawn on me that my life here at Rocklin is also entering it's final stage. It's a strange feeling. For instance, I'm going to Washington D.C. with my family over the summer, and at first, it does not seem like that big a deal, just a fun vacation. But then I realize, it's almost certainly going to be my last BIG family vacation, at least for a very long time. That's kind of exciting, the prospect of moving on, but at the same time it's really sad. I'm ready to enter the real world, I'm just not sure I want to simply give up the life I have known for, well, my whole life.
But, I still have a year and a summer left, plenty of time to enjoy myself.

1 comment:

Jesse Deaver said...

I was thinking about the same thing yesterday of leaving home and how I will be going off to college for a year and then on a two year mission. It is sort of scary and nerve racking but I am actually really excited to go out and to use what I have learned with my great family in the real world to begin to try to fly. But I am scared at the same time. I am very excited for Senior year when all of the upper classmen said it was going to go by fast I didn't think they were serious yet here I am. I wish you the best of luck in the future. As long as we don't forget who we are adn work hard and dilligently we will turn out just fine.