Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Busiest, busiest time of the year

Studying my mind out or swimming my heart out-when I'm doing one, I'd rather be doing the other it seems. I've been consumed lately between studying AP World for my big test (eek!) and extra swim practice. The swim season ended with Championships over the weekend (in the rain!) for most of the swimmers. I got to swim JV (last opprotunity) for the first time, so I was really happy! A second and a half off my best time in my fifty free, I made consolations (top sixteen). In my other event, 200 free, I placed fifth overall, even though I was still five seconds off my best time (frustruating).

Anyway, my 200 free and 200 medley relay made sections (frosh-soph) and so I have two extra weeks of swim practice. I'm hoping it will bring me back to my fastest times (even at the cost of 1,600 yards of fly yesterday...)Sections practice means less time to study for AP World, but it means I have an extra FOUR DAYS to study. Sections (girls trials) is the same day as my AP World test so I am taking the test later, at school, with another girl who is in the same position.

I already started studying over spring break...everything just seems so overwhelming though. I've forced myself to become so disciplined that I HARDLY text until I'm done with my test and whatnot.

Let's see...what else makes this the most stressful time of year? I finally completed my tedious hiring process for the city and I cannot wait to lifeguard this summer. Oh, my little sisters are getting their First Communion and Confirmation this weekend and next weekend, so all of my family is coming up. Busy, busy, busy. Have I ever been busier? I seriously don't think so. Glad that my print story is done, at least.

I don't know how I'm going to survive the next three weeks. Best of luck to all those studying for their AP tests!

No comments: