Monday, May 4, 2009

Let Down.

Okay I know that this blog is way late. But I find it much more effective to blog about something that has meaning than to force myself to blog.
Soo this weekend I went to San Luis Obispo to try out for cheer team at Cal Poly...and I suffered my first cheer try out let down. There were 60 girls trying out, and only 30 made it. But around the time that they were calling out numbers, I was feeling extremely confident that my number was going to get called. But it didn't. :[
I was seriously upset for the rest of the day...naturally!!! But I guess what's meant to happen happens, right? I mean, freshman year is supposed to be crazy and superrrr busy! So maybe it's for the best. I don't know, God likes to throw some crazy things at me.
Anyway, being at Cal Poly made everything a lot more real. Applying, getting in, and signing up for housing all seem so surreal as they are happening, but actually walking through the campus and eating lunch at one of the most popular pizza places just made me freak out. It was then that I really realized that it is going to be my HOME! I won't be able to count down the hours until I make the 6 hour drive back home...and my trip will be over.
It won't be a trip. It will be my life. I'm SCAAAREEEEDD!!!!!

1 comment:

hayley said...

i am so excited to call san luis obispo my home in the fall. if youre scared, dont be, im sure you will love it. did you have a chance to go into downtown or go to the farmers market? if you didnt, DO IT! hah... and if youre looking for a good sandwich, my brother took me to high street deli, where, i must say, i had the best sandwich of my life.