Friday, May 22, 2009

Farewell Address.

I'd like to use this last blog to say farewell to Journalism and this blog.
My last 4 years in this class have been an essential piece of my high school experience. Although it hasn't always been the easiest to be motivated, I got through. Even with the occasional whining.
I learned here that I could be a part of something that was, for the most part, unregulated. Student-run. And it allowed me the freedom to actually grow. I was treated like an adult here, in this class.
A person who will be considered an official adult within society in less than a month should be treated like one in class. Without the hand-holding rules that RHS so readily supplies.
I have none other to thank than Mr. Nichols for this class environment. The relaxed atmosphere, to me, was a motivational force far stronger than structured rules ever have been. Those just piss me off. Always have, always will.
Also I'd like to thank Nichols and everyone else for supporting my writing. It hasn't always been on the tamest of subjects, and my opinions weren't often very neutral. I know that was hard to deal with sometimes, but thank you for letting me go. Letting me pursue this type of writing, which happened to be my passion, was the main reason I loved this class. I love writing opinion pieces.
I often come to M5 for a break, as well. Just the room calms me down and allows me to escape from stifling RHS reality. When I hated people the most I had a place to run to, so I didn't feel like I was drowning in high school.
So now the end is finally here (after the end of next week, actually), and I feel like I've outgrown this place. To an extreme extent. And I'd like to dedicate my sanity to M5 and Nichols, as they were the primary reasons why I'm not completely bonkers currently.
So farewell, RHS Flash. It's time to move on to a new chapter of my life, and I'll never forget the experience you've given me within these puny 4 years of my life.
Time for bigger and better things.
<3

No comments: