Monday, May 18, 2009

Blahblahblah

I feel like I have nothing to say, but that it truly feels like summer because of two things:
Heat and fresh watermelon.
The heat is relatively recent, hitting a high of about 108 degrees on Sunday (needless to say I spent most of the day indoors. I saw Star Trek. It was worthwhile). But I think the one that makes me feel like it's summer is the fresh watermelon. True, you can get watermelon yearround, but have you ever had watermelon in the winter? It's pretty disgusting and doesn't taste fresh at all. But now it's watermelon season and my dad is buying watermelon pretty much every week and it makes me want to throw a barbeque.
I think that despite whatever the calendar says, summer may officially start...whenever it starts, but there are certain little things that make the beginning of summer seem more official. Like when school gets out or you go swimming for the first time in the summer.
I'm really looking forward to this summer and hanging out with my friends and eating lots and lots of watermelon.

No comments: