Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Dance Show tonight!

In about 4 hours I will be on stage doing a hip hop dance to Blue Jeans, the opening song! The dance 1 dance shows are today, tomorrow, and Friday! And I'm in them! Yay? just kidding, yay is right but I'm still kinda nervous.  Oh well, I'm excited too.  I just hope that nerves don't make me mess up too much!  And yes, I'm a junior in dance 1... there's like probably a total of 10 juniors in dance 1.  I'm not really sure, but it's not that many.  It's mostly freshmen and sophomores, and it's pretty funny because when we do the finale at the end we bow w/ the other people in our grade and there's only three seniors!  

I'm in 3 dances.  My favorite is Goodbye Yellow Brick Road.  It's a modern dance that Mrs. Huber choreographed.  It's the one dance that I actually know all the parts really well.  The problem is at the rehearsals we've had on the stage, it gets super crowded in part of it.  For example there's this one part when I'm right up to the curtain and I still have to do a turn and travel like 2 yards.  And I'm not the only one who doesn't have enough room– someone scratched one of my friends because they were cramped.  Lots of people just can't dance full out because there's not enough room.  I wish Mrs. Huber would have us all spread out to the other side...  oh well.  thats pretty much my one complaint and now i'll stop complaining... anyway, i hope we all do well! =)

No comments: