Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Work Hours

I have a job, but it doesn't even feel like I do. When i first started working i only got 1 day a week. Now i get 2. Big leap, eh? I guess i should feel lucky that i have a job, being a minor in all, but still, at the job i used to have, sometimes i got too many hours. It just sucks because i can't spend money as often as i used to. I'm really trying to save, just to be responsible. AND my Dad just bought a car for me, so pretty soon I'm gonna have to start paying for gas once its registered. Crap. Maybe my work is a little overstaffed or they just don't like me...who knows. The biggest paycheck i've had so far was $118. At first i didn't like my job because everyone was kind of bossy and strict, but now it's growing on me. Its the second job in fast food that I've had, and I'm getting a little sick of smelling like french fries and burgers. Maybe a job in retail would be nice. Jobs are so scarce right now though, so it will be a miracle if i got a job in that field. And the worst part is, having such little hours is making me lazy, and making me not want to work more. But deep down i really do want to work more. UGHH. I hate making bad habits.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You should totally see if you can get a job at Tops because they are always packed whenever I drop by there. Plus you'd get free yogurt. Yum! And you wouldn't have to drive far to get to that place so you wouldn't have to fill up on gas so often.
Just an idea. Good luck on the job search. : D

Anonymous said...

any job in this economy for a minor with no other work experience is a rarity and a blessing. though its tough, you gotta deal right now, cuz work experience early on can help out a bunch later if you want a different job. :)

RHS Flash said...

I agree, be glad for a job.. but keep your mind and ears/eyes open. You just never know. How anyone works fast food I'll never know. cn