Thursday, March 19, 2009

The Secret Life of Bees

A few weeks ago, I watched like 5 movies in one weekend which is pretty amazing for me cuz I like never watch movies! One of the movies I saw (it was my favorite out of them all) was The Secret Life of Bees. I thought it was really good! It was based off of the book. And it was kinda wierd cuz i love reading and i always read books before i watch the movie (even though my brother says you should watch the movie first cuz the book ruins the movie but the movie doesn't ruin the book). Anyway, it was about a 14-yr-old girl named Lily who has grown up with the blurred memory of her mother's death when she was a toddler hanging over her head and constantly feels guilty about it. She runs away from home (where she lived with her abusive father) with their african-american servant. They go to a house where some african-american sisters live and ask to stay there for a while. This is a pretty strange thing to do since it takes place in south carolina in 1964. But this ends up being where Lily discovers who she is.

1 comment:

RHS Flash said...

Although, as is often true, the book was so... much... better. But, anything with Queen Latifah works for me!