Tuesday, March 3, 2009

The Bachelor

So since the beginning of this season my mom and I have been watching The Bachelor. I usually love this show, but this season seriously just irked me. You may think I'm ridiculous for being that into a show that seems completely set up by television agents anyway, but maybe it's that romantic side to me that just loves to see happily ever after.
NOT THAT THAT HAPPENED THIS YEAR. So here's the deal...this single dad who got turned down on last season's The Bachelorette came back this year as the bachelor. He is this total quirky sweetheart with an adorable 4-year-old son who is looking for a wife. His personality is totally sweet and he totally deserved to come back as The Bachelor after what happened to him last season.
So he starts out by having 25 girls, and on the first night he hands out 15 roses, which means 10 girls go home. No one really cares much about the first few episodes because the viewers aren't attatched to any of the girls yet. But by the final five, it's safe to say that everyone is hooked.
Melissa Rycroft is the girl that my family and Kayla Zellars' family has been in love with practically since day one. She's totally down-to-earth and adorable and SO good with his son. Last night it was down to her and one other girl-who was completely unemotional and just seemed fake. And his son, Ty, honestly didn't like her as much.
Anyway, at the end of the show, he says sorry to Molly and sends her home. He gets down on one knee and proposes to Melissa, who is crying and literally jumping with joy. It was so easy to see the pure joy in their faces.
I honestly wish that my family and I would have turned the TV off at that moment. After the final show a show always comes on called After the Final Rose Ceremony. Normally, this is where the happy couple shares how their life has been going, and then the dumpee is brought back to share how she has been doing.
INSTEAD, Jason dumps Melissa on NATIONAL TELEVISION, only to say that he is still in love with the other girl, Molly. I do not care that his feelings changed and he told Melissa how he felt, because he can't lie to himself. But the fact that he did this to her on national television instead of the privacy of their own live's, completely KILLS me.
This is seriously a new low for television. I don't care how much he was paid to do the brake up on camera. You don't just mess with someone's emotions like that and embarrass them in front of the entire nation.
I have lost all respect for the show and ABC.


Thanks for reading to that. :]

No comments: