Friday, March 13, 2009

No more Facebook

I have always been slightly uneasy about the amount of information Facebook gives to everyone. I don't really like people knowing about everything going on in my life and it seems to give out that information oh so readily. I never saw it as too big of a deal, however and disregarded it. I have had my Facebook for a few months even though I never really used it, and just checked it from time to time.
For a while now, my default picture has been of me and Nichols' baby Carson. It's a picture from the St. Louis trip when I was babysitting. I never thought anything of it, it was just a cute picture. Buuuut I guess I didn't think it all the way through.
My mom called me the other day in a panic asking me what my picture on Facebook was. Apparently some family of mine that I have not seen in a long time, a second aunt and some distant cousins, decided to search for me on Facebook.
What they found: A picture of me with some baby.
What they assumed: I had had a child.
So now the current rumor of my family is their little Lexi has a two year old.
It's not okay.
I deleted my Facebook account.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thats stupid of them to assume that just because there is a baby in the picture, it is yours. Tell them to chill, you were babystting.