Friday, March 27, 2009

Tryouts.

So I am planning on trying out for the cheer team at Cal Poly. But I am getting seriously scared because I have not cheered for a year, or done anything mildly productive since I stopped cheering.
I started taking tumbling classes in order to get back in shape. But the fact that I can't tumble plays a huge part in what I can do in class.
In another attempt for me to get back into shape, I have started running recently. If you know me, then you know running is NOT something that I choose to do. But since I know that getting into shape is essential for me to make the team, I decided to go on a run Monday night! I ran from my house to my boyfriend's. By the way, I use the term run lightly. It was probably about half walking and half running. But the point is that I did it! AND I did it again on Tuesday night.
I'm definitely proud at my decision to be less lazy...and really focus on cheering again. Let's see how long this lasts.....hopefully until cheer tryouts!!!!!!




Yearbook hell today. I can't wait.

2 comments:

rebecca/vanessa said...

Oh I hate the whole getting back into shape hill you have to climb over :/ but just in case you didn’t know, cycling gets the body into shape faster than any other sport and is the best for your body because running is really hard on the knees and stuff. You know my dad went to the Olympics a few times so he’s been coached by some of the top. So try giving cycling a try. Plus you can ride a LOT more miles than you could run, so it’s really nice all around. I know it’ll help and have fun :)

RHS Flash said...

I say good for you across the board... give it your best, and then let it be. On all matters. I think you've had a great spring. And I had fun Friday. cn