Monday, March 23, 2009

Paint It!

My house is over 100 years old with nearly 4 acres of land and yes, is located in Rocklin. To many people, that’s unheard of because judging from the 95765 area of town, tracked houses sitting one-on-top of each other doesn’t leave for much variety or space.
Being that my house is old and I have a large family ranging from 9 to 12 people (3 foster children who come and go), let’s just say my parents are still working on building their dream home.
When I was younger – and had a lot more free time on my hands – I would help my dad paint the outside of the house. Aside from mowing the lawn, painting the house is one of my most favorite chores to do. Odd sounding, I know, but it beats cleaning the bathroom. So to start off, I unfortunately had to clean the bathroom, but got to paint it! When we first moved here around 1992 the entire house was nearly the same – wall paper downstairs and green and white paint upstairs. And the paint my dad and I chose was blue! It matched the tiling. Also, we have a back-runner that was simply white. And the color we chose there too, yellow! I stayed up pretty late painting it and it was really fun. After school I work until 5:30, but I defiantly am looking forward to painting again.
I, just most like most other teenage girls, am in love with Twilight. Not a big fan of the movie, but I’d love to see it again anytime. So my mom actually rented it for me and surprisingly, I turned down watching it last night. Which is actually a big shocker.

1 comment:

RHS Flash said...

What a cool insight... your life just keeps coming out in interesting layers. Thanks for sharing that.