Monday, March 9, 2009

Is it fair?

I've been extremely ill for the last week, and in turn was forced to miss school and work. I called in sick to work twice in a week and once the week before for another sickness. Yesterday my boss confronted me and asked if he should put me on the schedule anymore, because I obviously am not taking my job seriously. I told him that my job is very important to me, and I want to keep it. I've just been very sick, and I apologized. It was even obvious I was sick too, I was sniffling and coughing really badly when I went into work next, but he still told me I was being irresponsible. Is this fair? I think not. I wouldn't want me serving food to people in a restaurant that sick. ew.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

your boss in my opinion was out of line for punishing you when you were sick, a responsible worker though, instead of blogging about how much their boss sucks on the web should instead try to improve relations with their boss...think about it. you might be crossing a bad line insulting your boss in a public forum. (your boss could read this)

RHS Flash said...

It's that "don't trust kids" thing that is unfortunate... always, always just act with honesty. You did the right thing. cn