Thursday, October 23, 2008

Ohhh the great city of Rocklin

So, at the beginning of the year I was stoked to start senior year. Now, I am more than ready to finish high school. Everyone always saying "you're gonna miss it when your done". I don't think that's true at all. Teachers give us pointless assignments to take up time when less than a year from now seniors will be thrown into the real world. I don't think I need to know the different elements of poetry or how to graph a scatterplot. Rocklin also treats their students like their five...but then again even five year olds can wear spaghetti straps. I'm not sure if it's still going on because I don't stay for lunch but I remember administration announcing over the intercome they would play music at lunch on fridays if we kept the campus clean. I guess they get an A for effort but thats a little childish I'd say. I also love seeing some students drive up in their new cars mommy and daddy bought from them because they wanted it or it was their 'Sweet Sixteen'. Rocklin makes fun of Granite Bay kids but we are just as bad, if not worse. Sure my parents buy me things every now and then, but I don't see them dropping $30,000 on a car because I want it. So as of June 5th, 2009 peace out Rocklin:)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i totally agree my parents are going to pay a quarter of my car payment but i have to work to get the car i want kids are too spoiled here.

Anonymous said...

I don't know what all the fuss is about because RHS is a fantastic school.

Dibbuz said...

If you don't like the way the school is run- petition the administration. If you feel like some of the things you're learning wont necessarily apply in the future, offset that with productive extracurricular activities. If you think the administration is treating you like a child because you can't wear overly-revealing clothing, feel fortunate that our school doesn't have a dress code. Do you really think you'll be able to wear spaghetti-straps to work in the future. Do you really think that everything you learn in college will apply to your future success? Learning shouldn't be scoffed at simply because it doesn't seem important– gaining knowledge is the reason for our existence; and it enables us to thrive socially as well as personally. Something that may seem unimportant now may have importance in the future, you'll just have to wait and see. With respect to the new cars in the school parking lot, you have to realize that it might surprise you who pays for what. By implying that the only students who drive nice cars are spoiled by "mommy and daddy" you're really disregarding reality. Sure some people are spoiled-I'm sure as heck not one of them, but at the end of the day, animosity towards them- however well masked, really is a personal issue. As a society, I think we're too pessimistic. Sure, Rocklin High isn't the number one school in America, and sure, Rocklin sure has it's down-sides, but why don't we ever feel fortunate for what we do have? Fortunate for our teachers, fortunate for the members of our community who do care, fortunate we have to opportunity to be just that. I'm not being cliched when I say: just look on the bright side one in a while.
-mike