Friday, October 10, 2008

The Fall =

"Aurthur's Stone and Merlin's Fire"- is the fall play this year. Rehearsals are starting to go longer, costumes are being pulled together and the set is beginning to resemble a forest. Now that the Fall Play is in swing, Fall is officially here! At least for me.
The other day I was listening to Van Morrison. First I listened to "the Water" and then "Moon Dance." As Van Morrison sang "neath the cover of October skys...the leaves in the trees are falling" I looked out my windshield. And I SAW fall. I smelled fall. I LOVE FALL! Fall is my favorite season. I love stomping on crunchy leaves, I love pumpkins and Halloween is my favorite holiday.
And now that the fall play is coming, it feels like the season is already over- We'll be rehearsing more and more hours. And then the play will take up a few weeks. In between is Halloween and I don't even have time to make a costume because there's also the creepy coffee house that I'm apart of- Not to mention the stress of Homecoming. This year is even more hectic because now I have a job too. Halloween marks another special event that requires infinite planning for me. My 2 year anniversary with my boyfriend is this year...on Halloween- we only have Friday night (a day between 2 shows) to celebrate. the stress is increased by the fact that every year his gifts get more and more spectacular. Not to mention that my parents always decorate for Halloween- the whole shebang (cobwebs, skulls, motion detecting noises, witches on the doorstep, candy)- but this year they all of the sudden decided that they'll go out instead. No decorations, no costumes, no candy- nothing to mark the passing of Halloween.
October is now also application season and scholarship season not just the season of fall.
There is no time to appreciate my favorite month ever!
I guess this just comes with being a Senior.

No comments: