Thursday, October 9, 2008

I got my ticket today at lunch for homecoming and it was $12 and i have an ASB. Last year, i believe it was 8 dollars. I though that was a reasonable charge, but come on $12. Are we made out of money?

I know that we go to a school in suburban Rocklin, but we still live in the real world where money does not grow on trees.

What are we even paying the $12 for? They don't offer food at the dances. I'm not saying i want them to cause gross but why the increase in money. The school does not have to pay for the place because it is in the gym. Its not like they spend tons of money on decorations. Is it because we have to pay the supervisors more?

$4 dollars may not seem like that much, but it seems to me like Rocklin High is raising their prices on everything. Drinks went from $1.00 to $1.25 or $1.50. Even water is $1.25. The AP test went from $83 to $86, and many more increases that im failing to remember.

Does anyone else think this increase in dance tickets is unreasonable?

2 comments:

Heather Smith said...

Woops. I forgot to put a title. That's call this, Does money grow on trees here?

Amanda C. said...

I was wondering why the tickets cost more this year, too. Maybe we should ask ASB why and where the money's going?