Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Celebrate!

The paper is done!

Kudos to Sami Wittwer for her cover design...it's the best cover we've ever had! The megaphone says it all.

Kudos to Michelle...you've survived your first solo copy editing experience!

Kudos to Amber, Alexis, and Nichols...one down, three to go!

Finishing the first paper of the year is monumental. I've learned tons, and now it's time to make the second issue better.

Cheryl---don't worry about your story. That's the beneficial part about writing opinion pieces...that's when you have proven yourself as a journalist, because you have the guts!

People will dislike me for my Obama piece...but that's okay:]

1 comment:

michelle said...

Mallory! You forgot to give yourself kudos! It was also with your leadership and drive that the paper was completed into what could be our best issue yet. So kudos!!

And I have to agree. Even if I don't agree with everything Cheryl's article says, I absolutely loved reading it. It is very well written! And it is even like she says at end of her article: Simply because she doesn't agree with other people's opinions doesn't mean she won't listen to them. If they are legitimately supported with good reasoning, why not? I only hope our peers treat her article with that same open mind.