Thursday, October 2, 2008

Journey to Fresno

This past weekend, i made a little trip to Fresno. Me and my 3 best friends hopped on a train in Sacramento, and 5 or 6 stops later, arrived in Fresno. That was my first time being on a train. I thought it would be more interesting, but no, just a bunch of people starring at you as you walk down the aisles. The ride was fine, but the down side is my friend Tori's bag got stolen. She was pretty bummed because it had two pairs of her favorite shoes and her ipod.
She decided to stop being sad about it and focus on the fun weekend ahead. Something else that got stolen, however, would affect her later on. The sole purpose of us going to Fresno was to buy homecoming dresses, and spend time with Tori's mother and siblings. She lives with her Dad here in Rocklin because they are divorced.
This was my second time going to Fresno. I love it so much because the people are completely different than the one's here in Rocklin. They aren't afraid so just say "hey whadup?" even if you don't know them and your just walking down the street. The friendliness explodes in Fresno. Also, i adore Tori's family. They are so loving and kind, and it's never a dull moment being around them. I never knew what it was like to have younger siblings, but i get an idea whenever i stay at her house.
Our first night there, we wanted to go out and party it up. All i can say is we got pretty jiggy with it and made a few new friends. One night in Fresno holds so many memories in my mind.
The next day was time for shopping. Instead of getting overpriced dresses from Macy's or some designer store, we resorted to Forever 21. I already bought a dress in Sacramento, so i just helped my friends shop.
Our shopping adventure was a success, and my friends were satisfied. Sunday night, as we were packing to leave the house for the train station, Tori couldn't find her train ticket, or my other friend Katie's train ticket. We started panicking because you HAVE to have the ticket, or you cant get on the train. It didn't matter if you knew the verification code or not. After ten minutes or searching, she finally realized where they were. In her stolen bag.
The worst part is it wasn't even her fault the tickets were gone, technically it was the station's fault. Yet, they didn't refund her or give her new tickets. Only me and my friend Sarah were able to board the train, and Katie and Tori had to stay another night and skip school the next day. Tori's dad picked them up because he was already taking a trip to Fresno anyway, thank god, so they didn't have to waste more money on tickets.
The weekend was randomly beautiful, long and short at the same time. I was happy to be home late Sunday night though, as i deliriously walked off the train. Even though it's just Rocklin, it doesn't compare to anywhere else.

No comments: