Wednesday, October 8, 2008

MISSunderstood

Why must the relationship between mother and daughter be so stressful? I can't take not being able to have a good conversation with my mom with out it turning into an argument any more. I want to be my mom's best friend like I was before I became a "mean girl", according to her. It seems like everytime I try to talk to her, or she tries to talk to me, something happens, somewhere in the conversation that gets on that last nerve. Apparently I always have that 'tone of voice' that she find disrespectful, but it seems to me that every time she talks to me, she's making me feel bad about something. It's like pack your bags...you're going on a guilt trip...again. I love my mom to the ends of the earth, but I feel like she doesn't believe me, and I want to prove to her somehow that I do. I want to fix our relationship so bad. Now all I have to do is just figure out how.

3 comments:

RHS Flash said...

Wow... I'm thinking lots of teen girls relate. Just keep being who you are.

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean. Somehow, my mom always manages to turn almost everything I say into an insult against her, which makes me have to try to apologize, which somehow gets me in trouble, which annoys me to no end. Moms can be so freaking annoying.

Megan said...

Yeah, I think lots of people can relate. Every mother daughter relationship has its ups and downs. If only life was an episode of Gilmore Girls (the best show ever on television).