Thursday, October 16, 2008

College Night

Last night the Rocklin High School gym was overcrowded with students from all over the area. No this particular ocassion was not one of our infamous dances; it was college night. College night is an event that we host once a year. Colleges from all over the state of California, and even other states such as Arizona, come to schowcase their school to students. It is an event designed to educate students about schools that are available for them to attend. Reps from the schools are there to hand out pamphlets and answer any questions inquiring students might have.
I personally have attended college night since freshman year but last night was a little bit different. It seemed like quite a few colleges were missing. Not to mention, there were so many people that you couldn't even see what colleges were represented at each table. The event did however cause me to think quite a bit. In one year these are the schools i will be appyling to. These are the schools that I could potentially be attending in the somewhat near future. These are the schools that could one day determine my future. It is time to decide where I want to go and what I want to do and college night helped me to realize that.

No comments: