Monday, September 13, 2010

Video Music Awards 2010

So the question that many people asked me today was "Did you watch the VMA's last night?" Usually I don't really watch the VMA's because its not always appropriate for my brother to be watching, but this year I decided I should watch it just to see what it was about and to know what everyone would be talking about the next day..... I thought they were OK, I think people mainly watch them for the musical performances, not so much of the results. I really liked Bruno Mars, B.o.b. and Haley Williams with their medley of their songs. Usher had a pretty good performance....he wasn't really singing but the lights and effects were pretty awesome haha, and then there was Kanye. I was talking with my friend about it and in his opinion, it was the best performance. I guess the song was supposed to be an apology to Taylor Swift last year when he interrupted her. I didn't get it at all. To me, it didn't make sense to what he was trying to say. The lyrics were saying to toast to the people who were jerks? Isn't toasting supposed to be like honoring them? I really don't get it, and the ending was pretty much a disappointment.

4 comments:

Devin M. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Devin M. said...

Uh.. I'm pretty sure what Kanye meant by saying let's give them a toast was like saying, let's pray they get better, or here's to hoping the scumbags get better. Lol, his lyrics aren't very straight forward. You can't judge him just off the Taylor Swift incident, he's a pretty colorful dude and is at times really conceited and arrogant, but I see what he meant by saying that.

Anonymous said...

I think the Kanye and Taylor Swift thing is being dragged on. Kanye apologized, so Swift should get over it. Amen?

Danielle said...

the bruno mars bob and hayley williams thing was good!