Monday, September 27, 2010

I'm considering buying myself flowers...

Erg. It's that time of the year, when you start seeing girls walking around with roses and hearts floating above the heads of boys and girls who insist that they are "in love". It makes me a little sick, a little worried, and a tiny bit jealous. The last time I got flowers of any sort was this summer from the little boy next door. He doesn't understand that 6 years is a little too much of an age gap. Sorry?

I will admit, I would love to be one of those girls. But I'm a little too cynical about lovey-dovey stuff. It makes me nervous, and quite honestly creeped out. Really. I don't like it, because I don't see the point. It seems like most high school relationships burn out after a couple months or so, leaving heartbreak and wasted time behind.

When I was younger, I thought high school was like what you see on TV- with singing and dancing on lunch tables included and true love, and boys like Jesse McCartney everywhere. I'm still recuperating over my lost dream of ballroom dancing with blond-long-haired boy on top of a lunch table while singing some cheesy HSM song. It's made me feel like a grumpy suspicious old grandma. I'm crossing my fingers that I don't look like one.

Last week, some guy was thinking about asking me to Homecoming. I was in a bad mood, and snapped at him. I found out the next day that he was going to ask me, but thought I didn't want to go with him. If you are going to ask someone, then say it straight out! I don't like reading in between the lines! It makes my head hurt, and it's such a drag.

So if he reads this, then I hope he knows that it wasn't him.

I don't see why he would want to go with me. I'm awkward, shy,and complain about everything, but I would like to go with him.

If he doesn't read this, well, I'm sure he'll hear the news eventually. I hope?

1 comment:

Amanda C. said...

Amanda, please consider being a novelist. Then please let me read what you write outside of journalism.
I love what you write.

You do not look like a grandma at all, btw.

Congrats on nearly being asked t o hc-well perhaps you already have been asked by now. :)