Thursday, September 9, 2010

Vespa? Yes-pa.

Driver's Ed might be one of my easiest classes. It seems like most of the questions are common sense. The goal of the class is to complete driver's education, so that one could get their C class permit. That's not my goal.
My dream is to have a Vespa (cue twinkly lights and happy music)
I really want a Vespa. Sometimes it can be a little unreliable, a little goofy, it goes only 60 mph tops, and it's outlandishly fashionable. Sort of like me.
For those who don't know what a Vespa is, it's a (very) Italian scooter. Very European and adorable in my opinion. So far, everyone who I've talked to about my love does not agree with me. I've been told "It's unreliable", "It looks sort of stupid", "Um, don't you want a car?" That hasn't deterred me from my goal at all!
In fact, I have a deal with the 5th Grader next door. His parents have told him that he will be getting a Vespa instead of a car when he grows older. I found him scowling about that and jumped on my chance. "I'll buy your Vespa once you get it!" We pinky-promised and everything, so I'm considering it equal to an official court document. I've even chosen a name, and a color, and everything.
I'm going to name him Benji, after Benjamin Franklin!
In less than 4 months I will be able to get my driver's permit and learn to drive a car. By then, I might have lost interest in the Vespa, although I doubt it. And by then I may want to actually drive something that will go faster than 60 mph. But I don't think so, and that's all that matters.

3 comments:

Amanda C. said...

love the way you write-such a stylistic and sophisticated way.

and I think vespas are cute!! you should get that AND a car :)

Franchesca said...

Vespas are totaly cute! I can so see you on one!:)

RHS Flash said...

Hilarious... we called our cars Barry... so we could joke about all the Barrys.cn