Thursday, September 23, 2010

Aint No Party Like an S Club Party!

I dont know if you've all heard about it, but I'm starting a new club this year. It's called S Club and its pretty much the highschool version of Soroptimist International, an organization that volunteers to improve the status of women. S Club of Rocklin High will not be focused on just women, but the club will do a lot of volunteering in our community. They have S Club at a lot of other highschools already, and I just thought it would be a great way to get involved in starting a club on campus. We had a table at club rush and had a lot of people sign up to join. I think it had to do with the giant retro boombox that we had blasting "S Club Party" by S Club 7. Me and my friend Lindsay are running the whole thing, and we're already scheming lots of ways to make this as fun as possible. Including lots of food at meetings, which are during lunch in K3. The first meeting is October 6th, so if anyone's interested in joining, you should come by and check it out!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is the S club for girls only?

Christian Young said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Christian Young said...

I'm just wondering how this is not at all seen as sexist by the school. Could you try to explain that to me please? I mean if there was a group that was specifically about "retaining the status of men" (even with the stipulation it is not going to only pertain to males)...I believe that the school would not view it favorably or even allow it.

Amanda said...

I don't remember seeing it at Club Rush, but it sounds like something my friends and I would be interested in. See you on the 6th!