Friday, September 17, 2010

Time for Irvine

Well, I have exactly seven minutes until I'm released from class. At that point, I will grab my bags (14 muffins, 2 pairs of shoes, bag of clothing, backpack) and be done with school for the next 72 or so hours. Next, I'm driving to Irvine. This is supposed to take anywhere from 9-10hours... uh... I'm an only child. I've never had to go on a road trip with other children. This will be...interesting... Wish me luck. But it's all for the greater good! Race at night, which in cross country is pretty near unheard of, then hanging out on the beach, and spending time with friends. But potentially I'll be spending 20 of the next 72 hours in a car with seven other people... uhhh....

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

good luck to you! I absolutely hate extremely long car rides, especially with people that I'm not extremely close with. Heck, I don't like people at all really AND I'm clastrophobic (sp?)

I love ya, Brit! GOOD LUCK!

Erika said...

Look at the team captain, going to Irvine for an exclusive race :) You're going to do great. Have fun!

Keely said...

I'm sure you all had a great time. Hope you got that CSF form turned in before you left though... :)

Brit said...

indeed I did get it turned in in time, thanks to the timely aid of my mom! :D thank you so much everyone, love y'all too! it was an amazing weekend and the best race i've ever had. well. as great as any 5k can get. hehe

RHS Flash said...

Look forward to you blogging about that... and getting us some photos. Maybe a first person online column!