Sunday, February 14, 2010

Kings game!

Two Fridays ago, Davis and I were amateur journalists at the Kings vs. Suns game! It was such a privilege to go because after the game, Mr. Paul Coro, a sports reporter from the Arizona Republic gave us a press pass to see the post-game interviews! It was kinda funny actually because I kept hearing someone say my name and I look up and one of my best friends is trying to sneak onto the court as if he's with me and Davis haha. I don't think he'll cut down journalism anymore haha.

The game itself was okay-the Kings definitely lost, but Davis and I were expecting that. The Kings always seem to get that lead in the first opening minutes of the first quarter, but it's downhill from there.

Davis and I got to go in the "tunnel" where the players run out of into the court. We got to meet and talk to the the Suns head coach (Davis help me with the names here!). His advice for journalism is to "keep the 'lys' on the adverbs". And omg, best part ever, as the Suns players are running out to the airport, we talk to a few players, including our favorite...STEVE NASH! He was kind enough to stop and shake our hands. Davis and I were screaming on the inside when he shook our hands. And we were still in awe for the rest of the night and weekend!

Thankfully, Davis was more assertive than I was when it came to trying to initate conversation with the players.

I really look up to those players (literally). Davis and I were also lucky enough to talk to some Sac Bee reporters and hang out in the reporters lounge after the game. Sports journalism is such a fast-paced and exciting world..we hope that someday we can be apart of it.

Thank you, again, Nichols.

1 comment:

RHS Flash said...

You are welcome. I am so happy and excited for you both. cn