Sunday, February 21, 2010

Arizona

I lived in Arizona for 5 years, 8 years ago. We go back to visit every once and a while and it was time to do so over furlough week. It used to be so fun to go back and visit but for some reason i was not so excited. It was definitely a fun trip and was worth it but something just did not feel the same as other visits. Arizona lost all its familiarity, making me feel so on the outside and away from home. I use to be there and memories would come rushing back but this time there was nothing. We even carried out our tradition of going to a Water and Ice store, which we don't have here in California, and got a shaved ice but it was just not quite the same. The only thing was really excited about doing was seeing my best friend which thankfully was fun. Yet, even with her I realized that things were not exactly the same. I guess what I'm trying to get at here is that things change and people change. I was a different person back when I lived there. I guess I just expected everything to stay the same in Arizona when i left. Obviously, the world doesn't revolve around me and things go on as if i never left. It definitely feels good to be back home.

No comments: