Sunday, February 28, 2010

Curling

What IS the deal with curling?
Whats with the hype? Watching Saturday Night Live last night, there must have been about 500000 mentions. It is even one of the top searched things on yahoo.
I don't think I have ever seen this before, so why is it all the sudden popular?
My brother says that people always make fun of it around the time of the olympics, then it is forgotten when the olympics are over. My mom disagrees. She says she does not remember it on any olympics she has watched.
Whatever, I think it's dumb.
But besides the curling, I love the olympics. They are so cool and I am EXTREMELY envious of all the athletes. Personally, I like the winter olympics better than the summer ones because I looooove watching all the skiing and snowboarding. Or the bobsledding.
What these people are able to do is just amazing and I really hope I can see the olympics in person someday.

1 comment:

KryptoChicken said...

I don't like it all that much either. I can tell it takes a lot of skill to win, and it must be really exciting to play. Watching it, however, is incredibly boring. Although, for me, that describes the rest of the Olympics as well. I just have no interest in any of the sports, or the entire event itself.