Sunday, February 21, 2010

Dear John

On the opening night of Dear John, I went to go see the movie, but the tickets were sold out. Though I was disappointed at the time, I am actually happy that this happened, because it gave me a chance to read the book and become more interested in seeing the movie.
I finished reading Dear John yesterday. I loved the book! Though it was written in the classic Nicholas Sparks style, I still enjoyed it and would recommend reading it, because it has a good story line. Now that I have read the book, I really want to see the movie, to see how the two compare. I have heard that the movie was not that great, and has a different ending than the book. A different ending sounds good to me, because I did not really like the ending of the book. It just left me wondering whether it was supposed to be happy or depressing and did not really leave me satisfied.
Hopefully I will like the movie. It is always so hard for movies to compare to books, but I still want to see Dear John. It will be interesting to see how everything compares!

1 comment:

RHS Flash said...

I almost always like the book more than the movie. Sometimes almost equally... but I can't think of a movie I liked better than the book. Just an old reader I guess. CN