Sunday, February 21, 2010

The history of science

I was told that it is required that I write a short story about a historical event for my english class. When I heard this I was not too excited because I did not know what to write about, even though there are thousands of years worth of history!
I know everyone will write about similar things, which is so bland. And that made this assignment frustrating for me, because I didn't want to write about how someone died on the Titanic or how someone lived through social revolutions. Everyone will write about that.

So then, I thought, well, I should make this story about something unique that interests me and not just do it for a grade. So, I have decided to write about an important time/discovery/revolution in science!! Because science is fantastic!!! So I thought I would write about a recent discovery in medical science and write how it allowed someone to live or have a major change in their lives. I have not come up with a specific idea yet, but it will be heartwarming, I can feel it.
I kind of think it might be boring to some who don't share the same warm fuzzy feeling for this as I do, but at least it is original!

1 comment:

RHS Flash said...

Love your desire to find something unique. I'm thinking your teacher will appreciate it. cn