Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Presidents' Day Weekend!

After a very long week at school, I'm so excited that presidents' weekend is a day away. I'm planning on hanging with friends on sunday and going to watch twilight again and then milk. I have heard that milk is a really good movie. Hopefully it is seeing movie tickets are $10.25 at full price. Does anyone else think thats ridiculous? Then, for the rest of the weekend I think i'm going to be consumed by homework.

Now since its going to be president's weekend, i think i should take a little time thinking about the two great presidents: Lincoln and Washington.

It is because of them that America grew to become a world super power and the best place to live. There is no other place in the world i would rather live then America.

Despite all of the problems are country is having, I still believe this is the best place to be. That fact wouldn't be true if it wasn't for Washington who was our first president and was one of the major reason why we won our indepence from Britain and Lincoln who kept the south and north together.

So, no matter what you are doing take time in rememberance of these two great leaders. After all, it is because of them that you have a four day weekend.

4 comments:

RHS Flash said...

it's nice to see someone realize why we have a break...

KryptoChicken said...

As long as I have a break I am happy.

Anonymous said...

I agree these men gave their lives to this great country. We do need to remember and realize how they did so much for us. I am although guilty that I didn't think about those two great men at all over break. I was consumed with basketball and homework. But we do need to stop and find the time to thank these great men who did help make our country what it is today.

Anonymous said...

$10 is too much to pay for a movie i just wait till it comes out on paperview