Thursday, February 19, 2009

Keep the grades afloat.

The last semester of Senior year is by far the most excruciatingly slow chunk of time in one's high school experience.
You underclassmen think waiting for summer break is long-- try waiting for your life to begin.
I've been a great student my entire time here. Honestly, my grades reflect dedication and hard work. Because of this, I've been offered a wide array of college choices.
My transcript is awesome because I made it that way.
I even held up for last semester. I lost my momentum, but somehow managed to keep the letters up.
This semester is another issue for me. I have, according to my standards, pretty awful grades right now. I just DON'T CARE.
The problem is that I need to care. I need, to guarantee I won't have any admissions withdrawn, to keep my grades right up where they were for one more semester.
And I'm trying to figure out why I'm finding that so terribly hard.
My guess is that I just don't give the same amount of time and effort to any studies, and its showing.
So I'm going to have to search deep within myself, where somewhere (I hope) there'll be an untapped supply of energy, enough to hold me up through this semester of hell.
I don't even have the energy to get out of bed when I know school is coming.
Although I've felt this way for a long time, it's finally showing.
In a very bad way.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

(I can't stand summer break. I would rather be here. :D)

Well, there's only three more months to go anyway.