Thursday, February 5, 2009

chivalry is not dead yet.

This weekend is Hearts-a-fire and apparently around 80 tickets have been sold. Wow. I'm so glad I'm not going. At first I wanted to, because ever since I missed Welcome Back I've regretted it, but I don't really care about this dance. None of my friends are going, and I don't like anyone so that's not fun.. but it's weird because two years ago I would have been so excited. Shows how much school dances mean now. And prom is soon and everyone's stressing about that - me included - I think even though guys have to pay 140 plus a tux, girls have it worse. I'm probably being biased but we have to buy a 300 dollar dress, get our make-up done, get our hair done, there's another hundred there..and oh yeah, we have to wait for guys to realize that tickets go on sale for one week only (february 23rd to 27th) and to figure out who they're going to ask. And so many guys are complaining about the cost and blah blah blah, but what happened to chivalry? It's basically gone, that's what. I think chivalry is one of the best qualities to a guy, and it is not dead yet, and never will be. The dating world has gone down hill since the olden days and it revolves around one thing now, and guys are losing their manners, date-wise. Either way, they got to get their acts together soon, because prom should be a fun night everyone remembers forever.

5 comments:

michelle said...

I somewhat agree. However, it's funny because this past weekend at Lenaea, I was with a group of people and my friend and I were standing because there were no chairs left where we were eating. All of a sudden, I feel a chair pushed up behind me and he told me to sit down. Out of politness, I declined, but it made me realize that nice guys are still out there.

But as for the whole prom deal, it makes me wonder why some guys feel as though sometimes it's implied who they're asking to prom. IT'S NOT. Like last year, my friend's boyfriend made this whole argument about he didn't have to officially ask her to Hearts because it was "implied" that they were going together. It doesn't hurt to do something sweet every once in a while, in my opinion.

Anonymous said...

I never go to any dances but I'll probably go to prom because everyone goes to prom!
It is very costly, especially now, but they say the memory is worth it!
Have fun!!!

rebecca/vanessa said...

I defiantly remember Junior Prom and how stressful it gone as the days passed by. Just in my opinion, it’s all expensive. I borrowed a JP dressed from Granite Bay’s homecoming princess and this year, got one for $70. So just cause it’s JP, doesn’t mean you have to pay $300 for a dress your going to wear once for like 8 hours. But again, that’s just my opinion. And as for the guys…yeah they need to defiantly realize that it’s coming up WAY fast. Well, good luck!

Anonymous said...

So you girls have to go shopping? Don't you usually like to go shopping and get all your make-up and hair done anyway?

It is harder for the guys because we always have to ask the girls to dances or even to dance. There is so much more pressure on the guys. We have to think of a girl to ask, create an original way to ask the girl, buy the tickets, and get transportation to and back from the dance. The girl just has to find a dress and the right make-up. Now with those two points of view, which seems more difficult?

Besides, even though a guy doesn't ask a girl to a high school dance doesn't mean that chivalry is dying. Maybe the guys just aren't really interested in going to the dance. There are still good guys out there that show lots of respect towards girls with just small, simple gestures like offering them a chair to sit in or opening a door for them. Yeah, the world is getting worse, but I really doubt that the main cause is that guys don't ask girls to high school dances.

Anonymous said...

doesnt it feel weird having a guy pay for everything tho?? like as cool and stuff as chivalry is, like girls who have everything paid for by the guy look like gold-diggers.