Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Dance ticket prices...

I decided that going to dances at RHS now a days, is just ridiculous to even think about considering. The prices of the tickets are over the top. I can't believe they would expect a lot of people to show up when the tickets cost $15...and $20 on Friday? I remember when tickets were 6 dollars at the most. Really, $15 to dance to music you can hear on the radio at home, in a giant mosh of sweaty people for 3 hours? Ooooh, sounds great. I originally planned on going to Hearts-a-Fire, but my friend and I decided last minute to not go because we didn't want to spend the money. I haven't attended more than one or two dances this year, for this reason. Why on earth would the school continue to raise the prices of tickets when they know how much the economy is struggling right now, and how much families are srtuggling financially. I find it ridiculous.

10 comments:

RHS Flash said...

You raise a reall issue that the paper should consider.

Anonymous said...

I agree, I had to pay $20 for my ticket, then I ended up leaving the dance early because it was so boring!

Anonymous said...

seriously! why is it that like they think that since the economy is hurting them they should raise the prices, but the economy is hurting the people buying the tickets too, so that makes people want to buy even less becuase all of this is going on rite now.

Anonymous said...

The dances aren't even good and the prices are higher than usual... When I was a freshman, it was cheap and I always had fun. Now, it's like why buy an expensive ticket for a not-so-intresting dance.

Anonymous said...

Dance tickets, are well pretty much.. REALLY expensive.. T__T and sometimes it isn't THAT fun either...

Anonymous said...

I totally agree with you. People say the dances are lame but its because there are no people there! Maybe if the tickets were priced more appropriately, people woould go and have fun at our dances.

Anonymous said...

Ya. the prices are ridiculous. They should lower them definately.

Anonymous said...

you really bring up a good point. during these times people dont want to spend $20 on a dance!

Anonymous said...

Seriously! How could they do this? - NP

Anonymous said...

i wanted to go to the dance, but i couldn't, simply because my family doesnt have that kind of money to be throwing around. Once you buy a dress, shoes.....etc it really adds up. and with 15 dollar tickets, whats a girl to do?