Monday, June 3, 2013

Summer

I feel like summer never lives up to its expectations. I spend so much of my school life saying "just waiting for summer" or "finally its almost summer". But really, its just a bit more that 2 months of no school. That is like twice as long as all the other breaks added up. That sounds nice, but really, its not. We just got through 9 months about of school. 2 more months of no school is not going to make up for it, not will it prepare me for next year.

I guess the biggest thing is no homework, and not actually going to school. And thats fantastic. But I mostly revel in the fact that it is summer and therefore awesome, when in actuality I'm not really doing anything great. Except traveling a little bit.

I am on a summer swim team, and work out every morning 7-9. (except sundays). So its not like I'm sleeping in. Actually, I have to get up earlier than I do during the school year. Whats up with that?

And then of course there is the looming summer homework and reading, which I always put off until the last two weeks or so. Oh, summer. Hopefully you'll live up to my expectations this year.

No comments: