Monday, June 17, 2013

Determined Much?

Journalists! Join the Facebook group (I don't know what it's called, so just take a guess and choose). And write stories!

So I have been setting out to get a job this summer, seeing as how my days are limited of being a freeloading 17 year old. But honestly, it is so much harder to get a job when you don't have a car. Like, ugh. Obviously, I haven't found one yet and honestly, with all the youngins out there, I don't see one within the next two months.

Either way, I am doing something that both many people don't do or even think I WOULD do, given my nature in school and academia. I'm learning during the summer. AKA I have started my Japanese! YAY. After years and years of trying to push myself to do it, I have finally gotten myself to begin to memorize the 46 (I think there's 46, might be less or more...I dunno) characters of the first of three alphabets. It makes me so happy:D. And then I look over at my desk and see two AP Spanish books and my AP Stats book, and I cringe. Trust me, I love learning...foreign languages. Spanish just doesn't sound too nice right now because I know I have to join the Facebook group, which will require me to actually go to the site. I don't like Facebook, I only use it when I don't have someone's phone number or I don't know the homework. That, and I have to post videos of me talking in Spanish. First, I'd rather not because it'll be me sitting in front of my computer and just saying "um." Second, I'd still rather not because I have Japanese to learn! I'm trying to decide the next foreign language to conquer. It's kind of a tie between Portuguese, which is similar to Spanish, Tagalog (and those who haven't heard of this language are BOUND to pronounce it wrong) which my mother speaks, or something Dutch-like. All of them sound so cool! I honestly can't choose. Dilemmas dilemmas.

Since Liz brought up AP Lit, I am so HAPPY that I'm not taking it. I would never in a million years want to read another book over the summer.

No comments: