Monday, June 3, 2013

Les Miserables US Tour (#11)

Yesterday, I went to go see the US tour of Les Miserables with Leah and my friend Holly. We'd been planning this since seeing the movie some five to six months ago, and bought our tickets back in December. Needless to say we were super excited, and seeing how much we loved the movie, we had very, very high expectations.

The musical far exceeded my expectations. The actors were lovely (especially Grantaire, Valjean, Javert, and Eponine) and their voices magical. The set was amazing and I loved the light design, because I feel like it really helped the musical come to life. I was absolutely giddy while watching it, and despite how tired I was that day, I enjoyed every minute. Some highlights were Andrew Valera as Javert singing "Stars" and "Javert's Soliloquoy" as well as the very gripping "One Day More" which always makes me want to start a revolution. Plus, Leah, Holly and I got really cute shirts that I am very happy with. All in all, it was such an amazing experience and I am so glad I go to see it!

No comments: