Sunday, June 9, 2013

It's A Recurring Thing

First blog of the summer :O. I kinda keep asking: why is summer homework necessary? I mean, I took AP World and AP US and neither of those had the books yet, seeing as how we got brand new ones and we still managed to get everything done while still having a little bit of time to have fun, so that means that if I can learn the world's history and America's history within a shorter period of time, can't I do it for the rest of my AP classes? I dunno, just a thought.

I don't know how it struck me, but there's a computer game out there called "Rise and Fall: Civilizations at War," and it is the best game ever. It's frustrating because the computer likes to cheat and makes sure that winning is always near, but not close enough. But I love it, so I tried to download it, only to see as it made it's final stretch, that my computer ran out of space. Out of space?! Really? I can't get more space? So I deleted a bunch of things, some meaningful and some not, and I STILL don't have enough space. Shouldn't I be in a technoligical (<-shows how much I know) age where I can just download some more space? Is it too hard for my computer to just let me have a joyful 90 days?

I went to graduation and last year I had a terrible experience. Throughout the entire valedictorian speech, inspirational speech, and whatever speech came next, these two people kept talking, talking smack, that is, about random things and the people giving the speech. When I had enough, I turned around as it got quiet, and said "SHUT UP." If only I had mastered the angry cat (is that what it's called?) face then... Either way, I was excited this year because I was still near friends, but not anywhere near people I thought would talk. I WAS WRONG. These two moms in front of me decided they needed to chat and talk about one of the kids and how precious they were. Seriously, I do NOT go to graduation to listen to other people talk. Is it that hard to shut up for 4 hours? I don't care if you want to swoon over your kid, but do it somewhere else. In front of them, perhaps?

1 comment:

Rhiannon said...

Summer homework isn't necessary. It really isn't. It just makes me really really dread school starting again. And I agree. Graduation can be very annoying. And way too hot. Next year will be so much fun!