Monday, June 3, 2013

movies from books?

almost, almost always, the movie remake of any book is worse. I end up hating them all, all the movies for even attempting to be as good of the books. Eragon? Failure. FAILURE!!! Lightning Thief? Failure! Inkheart? FAILURE!!!!!!!!!!!! The biggest disappointment of my childhood was Ella Enchanted. I loved that book to death and must have read it around fifty times. No joke. ( it was pretty short) I memorized the first chapter. Anyway, I was crushed when Anne Hathaway turned my favorite book into a sad, cheap Cinderella-story film. (The book is based of the Cinderella story, but the movie made it worse.)

There are only three cases where its a tie. Those would be Holes, The Princess Bride, and the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants. Those are the only three movies I have ever seen first, and read the book afterwards. So they were my first impression. And, they were exceptionally good movies as well. Normally the only decent movies are where the author is actively involved.

Every single time a new movie comes to theaters based off a book I've already read, I get super excited. But, I'm only setting myself up for disappointment.

1 comment:

Taylor said...

I saw The Host because I was OBSESSED with the book and the movie was horrible!!! I don't know why they do this! I totally agree with you.