Sunday, April 3, 2011

Obsessed.

I'm obsessed. With the library.
It all started last tuesday, when I decided it was time to check out the new library.
Now, my new favorite hobby is to go to the library, pick out random CDs by people I've never heard of, and check them out. I've actually found some pretty good ones.
The second best thing is the website, where you can basically type in any book or CD you could ever want and one of the placer county libraries will have it. Then, you can place a hold and you can pick it up at the Rocklin Library.
I have rediscovered my love for reading. Yesterday, I read a 450 page book.
It is called It's Kind of a Funny Story and it is now one of my favorite books. So basically there is this kid named Craig, and he is clinically depressed. Well he's pretty much convinced himself that he is going to jump off the Brooklyn bridge, but instead checks himself into a mental hospital. It's very... One Flew Over the Cukoo's Nest. But also really hilarious and a love story too. Man, it was a good book.
Anyway, I memorized my library code from typing it into the website so many times. Is that overboard? I don't need you to answer that question. Yes, it is. 21937003142120. That's no joke of a code, that's 14 digits.
Needless to say, this is getting out of hand.
Also, anyone have book recommendations? I already have a few sitting on my nightstand, but at this rate, those will be gone pretty quick.

2 comments:

Erika said...

I totally know what you mean, I went to the library a couple months ago and it was the best thing ever. The atmosphere and they way they re-did the decorations from the old library is perfect.

Kiersten said...

i can totally relate! the library gets you hooked!