Saturday, April 23, 2011

I'm so weird.

I am writing this blog from the library. I have already mentioned that this is pretty much my favorite place ever. And it's not just because of the cute guy that works here, I swear.
There is an old man on the computer next to me, he has a pony tail and is on an exercise equipment website. He scares me a little bit. I hope he doesn't read that I wrote that. Because then I would feel really bad.
I just got done doing my math homework with Natalie, the library is a very nice place to do calculus homework.
Oh man, the guy is talking to himself now.
Lately, I am really into spoken word poetry. Not that I would ever be able to write a poem myself, but I like to listen to it and pretend to understand. Elisabeth suggested we buy "those hats that poets wear" and go to a poetry reading. I think she is refering to berets but I can't be sure. Anyway, we will buy those poet hats and we will find a poetry venue and we will sit there and say things like "Mmmm" and "Amen, sista." And we will snap, instead of clap. Because that is what they do in the movies.
And I will write a poem, that makes no sense. And I will read it. And people will pretend to understand, because that is what poetry is anyway. Right?

2 comments:

natalie said...

Amen sista!

Emily said...

Omg I feel like you're my twin in some of your blogs. I love the library. And if you're actually interested about the poetry thing there's a place in Sacramento that does that stuff.