Tuesday, April 12, 2011

It's that time of year

Everyday I listen to people talk about how they just have to get a certain grade in a class or how they have to get at least a 4 on some AP test or else the world might as well come to an end. And then I see them get upset about they're grade if they didn't get what they wanted. I believe in setting standards for yourself to have a better understanding yourself and of the world around you, but sometimes I think people take it to the extreme especially when it comes to academics. I wish people would realize that grades don't define who you are and never will. If anyone is going to try to define you by some piece of paper with letters on it than they're not worth the time. You know, some acceptance or rejection letter isn't a definition of who you are or who you may be one day. I mean, I think anywhere you go you will be successful if you apply yourself. It's too bad that people can't see that though. I think it would be great if people lived their entire life and didn't let little things in life get them down. I think everyone would be a lot happier.


http://carltonbale.com/alaska-adventure-day-5-valdez-the-bear-trail-camping-in-the-clouds
"Sometimes it's important to work for that pot of gold. But other times it's essential to take time off and to make sure that your most important decision in the day simply consists of choosing which color to slide down on the rainbow." ~Douglas Pagels

2 comments:

Alisha said...

At least once this like month and a half is over then the stress is all gone! Love the quote :)

Christy said...

we really should just stop and smell the roses :)